Gesha Village Surma Honey
TERRES DE CAFE
- Score 88+
- Geisha coffees
- Honey Process
- Type of Roasting
- Expresso roasting (moka pot, expresso machine)
- Terres de Café
- from 15€ to 25€
Bench Maji - Surma- Gesha Honey Process
•A floral and fruity nose, a lot of finesse.
• On the palate, a silky body, a nice juicy and bright acidity, still finesse thanks to a perfectly mastered citric acidity, balanced by very sweet exotic fruits and sweet spices, typical of Ethiopian forest coffees. A jagged finish. A high class mug.
What is a score?
Our product range is categorised by score: 80+, 85+, 88+ We have the "Specialty Coffee Association of America" to thank for the system of "scores", who defined a very strict ratings protocol to evaluate the quality of speciality coffee. This ratings system enables players within the sector, as well as coffee lovers, to share a common language. Within this tasting protocol, the main criteria for the evaluation of a coffee are noted: odour, aroma, after-taste, acidity, body, harmony, purity...
The final score classifies the coffee within a hierarchy unique to speciality coffee. The coffee must achieve a score of at least 80/100 to be considered a speciality coffee.
A detailed look at the scores attributed to speciality coffee:
- - Score 80+ = very good coffee
- - Score 85+ = exceptional coffee
- - Score 88+ = grand cru* (great vintage)
Our blends, being mixtures of multiple coffees, are excluded from the rating system, although they are all comprised of speciality coffees.
*The SCAA classifies 90+ coffees as "Outstanding". We consider an 88+ coffee to reflect a quality that is already outstanding, already representing the excellence of the sector. In this regard, it is a Grand Cru.
Terres de Café
Founded in 2009 by Christophe Servell, Terres de Café offers the largest range of specialty coffees in Europe with more than 30 exclusive coffees, in grain or ground, pure origin or blends.