- Score 85+
- Organic coffees
- Honey Process
- Type of Roasting
- Expresso roasting (moka pot, expresso machine)
Slow coffee roasting (filter, French press, Chemex...)
- Fruity notes
- Tasting : a very sweet cup, with notes of vanilla and citrus fruit, a smooth body held by a beautiful citric acidity and a gourmet and chocolate ﬁnal.
- Roasted in France by Terres de Café
This coffee is roasted for espresso methods and slow coffee methods.
- The "espresso roasting" is recommended for the following equipment :
- The "slow coffee roasting" is recommended for the following equipment :
What is a score?
Our product range is categorised by score: 80+, 85+, 88+ We have the "Specialty Coffee Association of America" to thank for the system of "scores", who defined a very strict ratings protocol to evaluate the quality of speciality coffee. This ratings system enables players within the sector, as well as coffee lovers, to share a common language. Within this tasting protocol, the main criteria for the evaluation of a coffee are noted: odour, aroma, after-taste, acidity, body, harmony, purity...
The final score classifies the coffee within a hierarchy unique to speciality coffee. The coffee must achieve a score of at least 80/100 to be considered a speciality coffee.
A detailed look at the scores attributed to speciality coffee:
- - Score 80+ = very good coffee
- - Score 85+ = exceptional coffee
- - Score 88+ = grand cru* (great vintage)
Our blends, being mixtures of multiple coffees, are excluded from the rating system, although they are all comprised of speciality coffees.
*The SCAA classifies 90+ coffees as "Outstanding". We consider an 88+ coffee to reflect a quality that is already outstanding, already representing the excellence of the sector. In this regard, it is a Grand Cru.
Nicolas Colque cultivates organically over 7 hectares, in the shade of cedars and laurels, native to the region. He perfectly masters the processes and pulls up all that he produces, and asks 1€ more per kg to completely reforest his plantation and its surroundings. We support him !
A speciality coffee
Speciality coffee are the best batches of coffee from farms or local cooperatives. They are fully traceable (botanical variety, region, plot) and respect demanding processing methods. This guarantees exceptional quality in the cup.