Coffee Aldama Selection- Typica/Bourbon Rouge - Natural
Aldama Selection- Typica/Bourbon Rouge - Natural is a speciality coffee from Mexico.
- Score 88+
- Contest Coffees
- from 25 to 50€
This coffee is roasted for espresso methods and slow coffee methods.
- Nose : a dark forest: the perfect marriage of chocolate, cherry and whipped cream
- In the mouth : a round cup with notes of red fruit jam, high quality cocoa beans and molasses. The body is round and enveloping, offering a regressive cup
- Finish: A gourmet and complex coffee
- The "espresso roasting" is recommended for the following equipment :
- The "slow coffee roasting" is recommended for the following equipment :
What is a score?
Our product range is categorised by score: 80+, 85+, 88+ We have the "Specialty Coffee Association of America" to thank for the system of "scores", who defined a very strict ratings protocol to evaluate the quality of speciality coffee. This ratings system enables players within the sector, as well as coffee lovers, to share a common language. Within this tasting protocol, the main criteria for the evaluation of a coffee are noted: odour, aroma, after-taste, acidity, body, harmony, purity...
The final score classifies the coffee within a hierarchy unique to speciality coffee. The coffee must achieve a score of at least 80/100 to be considered a speciality coffee.
A detailed look at the scores attributed to speciality coffee:
- - Score 80+ = very good coffee
- - Score 85+ = exceptional coffee
- - Score 88+ = grand cru* (great vintage)
Our blends, being mixtures of multiple coffees, are excluded from the rating system, although they are all comprised of speciality coffees.
*The SCAA classifies 90+ coffees as "Outstanding". We consider an 88+ coffee to reflect a quality that is already outstanding, already representing the excellence of the sector. In this regard, it is a Grand Cru.
The Vasquez Sanctiz family masters the entire coffee value chain: cultivation, process and cup.
It is not by chance that they consistently deliver a production worthy of the highest international standards.
They do us the honor and the friendship to sell us the whole of their modest and magnificent annual production. Not to be missed...
A speciality coffee
Speciality coffee are the best batches of coffee from farms or local cooperatives. They are fully traceable (botanical variety, region, plot) and respect demanding processing methods. This guarantees exceptional quality in the cup.